Saturday, December 14, 2013

Hi everyone!

Now that it has been about two months since I have joined ASB, I have had a lot to reflect on. I am glad we have the opportunity to blog, because I think sometimes we have so much to say, but it is hard to say in front of other people. I have been beyond excited for this trip from the beginning, and I still am! However, I am also a little nervous because I feel so inexperienced when it comes to this. This is my first real service trip, and I think sometimes that is a big limitation for me. I also think I feel out of my element because this is my first new thing I have done on campus in quite some time! I have been a part of most of my leadership positions for 2-3 years now, so my adjustment to ASB is just a little more difficult than I thought it would be. I am still getting to know everyone, and I have found myself being a little more reserved than I usually am around people. I think I am starting to warm up though, and become more comfortable around the group.

You are all such fantastic people, and your hearts are so big. I had so much fun yesterday at our Holiday Party, and I enjoyed watching everyone opening their Secret Santa gifts! I wish everyone the best of luck during finals, and I have confidence that you will all do great! Also, have a great holiday break, and enjoy your time with friends and family. I know I will, and I am very appreciative for each and every one of you!

-Sam Ghika
Class of 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment