Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Opportunity of a lifetime

I'm so incredibly happy that I have been given this opportunity to help others during my Spring break. I never thought I would be able to do something so inspiring and amazing. I attended a community college, and this was never offered there-so when I found this club before attending Framingham State this past fall, I knew that I wanted to be a part of it. A part of something bigger than me, and a part of something that will truly make me stop and appreciate everything that I have. We all sometimes get so wrapped up in our own lives that we forget how truly lucky and blessed we all are, and how so many places and people alike are not so lucky. I hope to create strong bonds with those in this remarkable club, and take away some pretty memorable moments from this trip. Everyone in this club so far has been so nice and welcoming- I struggle to make friends since I am still fairly new to the FSU community, so it is good to know that I have my ASB family to look forward to seeing every friday, and of course on all of our volunteering events leading up to this unforgettable experience of a life time-Alternative Spring Break 2013-Biloxi ,Mississippi!!!!!!!!! :)

-Melissa Skerry
  class of 2014 

No comments:

Post a Comment