Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Two Months and we're off!

I can't believe how fast time passes by! A new year has just begun and we're already half way through January with less than two months before me and 29 others will be boarding a plane to Biloxi, Mississippi together! I can't believe we're so close to the trip! It seems like just yesterday I was sitting in a crowded room among strangers learning about the trip and the work we would be doing. It seems so surreal that I will be sharing this experience with so many wonderful people, some experiencing a trip like this for the first time in their lives, some, like me, excited to be returning from the experience, knowing how great it will be!

I also can't believe this will be my last ever Alternative Spring Break with Framingham State University! It seems like going to some far away destination to help leave a positive impression on some one, a group, or a cause during the middle part of March is something second nature now--like I should expect to be touched by such an experience every year from now on, but as college comes closer and closer to an end for this guy, I am saddened by the fact that this will be my final venture with the ASB crew.

I am so motivated to work extra hard this spring break so I can say it was the best I've had! I think it will be a lot of fun learning ways to help sustain a healthy environment, even in the face of one of the worst environmental catastrophes. That is what appeals to me so much about Alternative Spring Break, hope that I can affect positive change in an area that seems so badly hurt. It is truly empowering to work with like-minded people and learn from each other and the overall experience. I am really excited to go on this journey!

-Stephen Supernor, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment