Tuesday, October 22, 2013

"Everybody is great..."

As we begin this journey together, I feel so hopeful.  Not only because I have total confidence in the great work this team will accomplish, but because I believe that we are embarking together on a path to greatness.

I was trying to find words to express some of my thoughts about the beginning of this journey and as usual, someone else said it better, so I quote Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.:

"Everybody can be great...because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.”


As we start this journey to OK, this journey as a team working together towards a common goal, and as individuals reflecting upon our own place in this world and our ability to affect change, I challenge us all to keep our "hearts full of grace."

As midterms turn into finals, and fall into winter - as we lose hours of daylight in exchange for an earlier night, I know our lives fill up with competing priorities and responsibilities.  Remember to take time to reflect on our journey, to absorb the greatness of our path, and rely on your ASB team to inspire, support and encourage you.

Greatness lies ahead, and I am looking forward to being a witness to it!

Claire Ostrander
Associate Director, SILD

No comments:

Post a Comment