Saturday, February 16, 2013

Exactly one month from now...

Exactly one month from now we will be in Mississippi!!! I cannot believe how quickly this trip is approaching! It seems like only yesterday that we were all applying. I am so very blessed to have this opportunity to travel all the way across the country, but the reality of the situation in Mississippi has really just started to hit me. During our last meeting we learned more about how the oil spill and recent natural disasters have effected the economy of Biloxi, and we also focused on how day to day life in Mississippi is different from our lives in New England. It is intimidating thinking about travelling to a place that is so different, but I know that the work we will be doing there will make a difference!

In addition to helping the people of Mississippi, I cannot wait to get to know the other members of the ASB group better! During the meetings I have come to know each member of our group a little better, but I know that living and working together during spring break will bring us even closer. From the limited time we have spent together I can already tell that these people all have huge hearts, and I feel honored and excited to take this incredible journey with them!

Get ready Mississippi, FSU ASB is coming for you just one short month from now!!

-Molly Buckley
Class of 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment