Wednesday, November 13, 2013

An Introduction -

Hi everyone!

First and foremost, I'd like to apologize for not being able to attend a single ASB meeting so far.  It is not because I don't like you -- promise -- I've been dying to meet all of our group!

In lieu of my absence, I thought I'd tell you a bit about myself. 

My name is Erika Maglio (pronounced MAH-lee-o  -- just pretend you are very Italian when you say it! Given that, however, I'm not all that Italian).

I transferred to FSU this past semester and also switched majors.  So, technically, I have junior standing but I'm taking freshman biology classes.  Estimated graduation:  no clue.  I'm a commuter, so forgive me if I often get lost on campus.

I like animals.  Creepy, crawly, furry, scaly, slimy; you name it.  And to go along with it, I like dirt and grass and natury-things. I am a volunteer/intern at Southwick's Zoo, where my best friend is an 8-month-old binturong with a nasty temper.  At home, I have a Great Dane, two cats and a tortoise (Mum won't let me get a snake. Or a bunny. Or a goat.).

I also have a steady babysitting gig.  Sometimes I feel like a mom, always running around driving one kid to math class and the other to swimming lessons. And reminding them to wear their coats and do their homework.

My family moved into a new house last March.  We've spent the last few months working on a giant, never-ending, restoration project. I'm in the process of turning the attic into my bedroom.  Last weekend I installed a new window! Well....I helped Dad. 

I like fruits & veggies, dinosaurs, antique furniture, classic novels, hiking, tattoos, camping, gardening, cooking food from other countries, crochet, traveling, and anything historical (particularly the Civil War Era).  In short, I'm kind of weird.

But, enough about me. I cannot wait to get to know all of you! And the best news of all, is that I will be at the meeting this Friday!!!

Hope to see you all then,

Erika

P.S. I might be kind of shy & quiet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment