Sunday, March 16, 2014

Day 2 In Oklahoma !!!!

I am incredibly happy to have been given the opportunity (again) to be on Alternative Spring Break trip. When I received the call that I would be going to Oklahoma, I couldn't help but cry. I had gone on the trip to Mississippi last spring break, so I was not sure if I would be given the same opportunity again-and I wanted to go so badly, since I am a super senior-so thank goodness I am here!

It is only Day 2, and already we are one big family. It amazes me how so many different personalities who are a part of so many different clubs, organizations, and even athletic teams on campus, all share this common bond to help others.

It really makes me feel so happy and lucky to be with 30 new ASB participants, (some alum) to help with storm relief with habitat. I know that this trip is going to teach me so much, and I am beyond excited to jump in and get my hands dirty.

Relaxing and becoming even closer to my asb fam will definitely make this work week even better-having close ties with all these incredible people is something that I will forever cherish.

Melissa Skerry
Class of 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment