Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Building the foundation to someone's life...

Why hello all you FSU ASB blog followers! My name is Nicole Dygon and I am senior-which means this was my first and last ASB...EVER! Although it makes me really sad to think that I'll never have such an amazing opportunity again, it is a wonderful feeling knowing that I got to have this chance at all. My time on ASB was not exactly how I had envisioned it-it was better! I may have been a tad under the weather while in Louisiana, but my fellow ASBers really helped pull me through the raunchy ear infection that dominated me. With all their kind words and encouragement my first day back on the worksite they really helped make me feel a zillion times better.

The trip was sensationally put together and I learned so much more than I could have hoped for. From Kendra's documentary to the tour of New Orleans-my brain just felt like a sponge sucking everything up. The highlight of my trip was on Friday when we found out a 4 month baby will be living at our house. It just fills my whole heart up knowing that we built the floor that she'll take her first steps on and the foundation to a house that she and her family will call home. Home is where the heart is and there is no better feeling than knowing that you helped create that home for someone-especially a family.

I want to thank everyone on the trip for making my spring break more than just amazing, but memorable too. Love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment