Thursday, March 24, 2011

'Gon down to the bayou for some Po-boys and Gumbo, ya'll!

Hello boys and girls! What a trip. Looking back, it's pretty unbelievable to remember everything we did in the past week. I completely agree with Kendra in saying that summing it up to those who weren't there with us is an impossible feat. One of my favorite memories was the car ride into New Orleans Friday night. With the radio blasting and the lights of the city passing us by, we all sang our hearts out to Aerosmith 'Don't Wanna' Miss a Thing' and Elton John's 'Tiny Dancer'. I thought about that ride in comparison to the first car ride to the Slidell Mission Center. I felt so connected with everyone in that van. It's such a fantastic feeling to know that in just a week, complete strangers can become  family members (even if they are a bit dysfunctional). Each and every one of us learned so much and took so much away from this experience. I am so grateful that I got to be a part of it, I wish I could be back in my squeaky bunk right now.

I miss the sun
I miss the accents
I miss the jazz
I miss the shingles
I miss the laughs
and most of all...

I miss the jambalaya!

kidding, most of all I miss spending my days with my fellow ASBers (although the food was pretty spectacular)

<3 Kerrin Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment