Thursday, March 17, 2011

What A Surreal World

I see shirts of green, sun-kissed faces too
I see them burn for you and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

I see bandannas of blue and caulking of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do
They're really saying I love you.

I hear hammers banging, I watch houses grow
They've built much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself what a wonderful world
Yes I think to myself what a wonderful world.


 Tom

2 comments:

  1. Ok, Tom, you did it ... made me cry. Thanks for writing and sharing this poem. I couldn't have said it better!

    ReplyDelete