Thursday, March 17, 2011

Its not New Orleans, its Nor'lins!!!!!

Spring Break! Suns out! Jumbolaya! Bourbon street! Nailing shingles on roofs! Its been an awesome, awesome week down here in Louisiana. It's only been a few short days and I'm already loving it down here. We toured the 9th ward and the French Quarter, we went on a great tour of the city of New Orleans and found out it's still slowly rebuilding since Katrina, but there is still so much more to do.
There is a deep and beautiful culture down here in New Orleans that keeps the people here living happily. I hope that in the years to come, our people will help rebuild New Orleans back to what it was before, giving the families back their community because it is an amazing feeling to know that I am down here volunteering with habitat for humanity building homes for families who have been affected by Katrina and having a fun time while doing it.

And I keep saying this and I will keep saying it; this trip is by far the best trip I’ve been on and the best part of it is that I get to share this experience with all these beautiful people that I got to know better each day working alongside them. Each day we woke up happy and we all were ready to work on the sites. It was great knowing that I was with a wonderful group of goodhearted, funny, exciting people that loved the experience as much as I did.Within just a few short days we all made unforgettable memories that I’m sure we’ll cherish forever.
Everyone was awesome and I loved every little part of this short journey and I hope to be able to share another trip like this again with everyone! – Txong :)

No comments:

Post a Comment