Sunday, March 6, 2011

Reflection


After the months of planning and all of the hard work Alternative Spring Break is almost here. It is a calming feeling to know that all of the stress, planning all of the small details, and raising all that money will be for the journey that 30 amazing people will make in less than a week.

My job for ASB was to raise money. Already this year we have had a number of events such as bake sales, an Uno's fundraiser, donation tables, and a dating game show event. Our last event before Spring Break is a concert called Broadway on the Bayou. The concert was organized by two Framingham State students who approached us and said that they would like to put on a concert to benefit ASB.

I am a senior this year and I am so honored to spend my last year of college making an impact down in Louisiana. I hope that ASB continues well after I graduate. Considering all of the support that we have gotten from the Framingham State community I feel as if ASB will be a staple at this college.

All in all, I am honored to be a Trip Leader for Alternative Spring Break and to be able to spend my final year of college doing something that I truly enjoy. I have meet so many great people and learned that people can accomplish anything together.


Emily Bliss
Fundraising Trip Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment