Thursday, March 17, 2011

A southern experience

 Well this is my second time going on Spring Breal, and I have to say that this trip was amazing.  I enjoyed myself on the trip last year, but this year has been out of this world.  From making new friends Alex Bushery and Molly Googen (Sorry if i spelled your name wrong), To rekindling friendships that were made on the first trip, and getting to spend a week with some of my best friends. This experience has been great for a few reasons.
 The first reason was the worksite.  John was our worksite leader and he was great.  he was funny laid back, but was able to instruct us in an easy way so we could get the work done.  The work was much more intense, in my opinion, than last year.  We actually got to build a house from pretty much scratch!!!!!!  Also I was able to get a very nice tan.
 My second reason is the great friendships that I have been able to make.  These people have been at this school as long as me, some longer, but I never would have been able to form the bond that I have formed with these amazing indidviduals.  Also I got to spend a week with one of my best friends Txong Yang and even though he is my roomate it was nice to share such a rewarding experience with him.
 My last reason is the city of New Orleans itself.  I love the night life and especially Bourbon Street.  Even though Rachael Lucking thinks I was a naughty boy on this street, I managed to have a great time without doing anything illegal.  Ok so maybe I went into a strip club or two but I was of age.  Hahahah lol jk.  I had a blast in this city and I don't want to leave.  The city and these wonderful individuals, that I have had the privilegde of spending Spring Break with, I don't want to leave behind.  I know I will never forget this trip and I just want to thank the trip leaders for choosing me to come, even though I wasn't one of their first choices.  lol jk.  Well I could go forever but I feel like I am done.

Love,
Nick Magliozzi

P.S. What happens in New Orleans stays in New Orleans 

No comments:

Post a Comment