Sunday, March 18, 2012

This is not the end, it's only the beginning.

Molly was totally right when she said for the next couple of weeks you will have withdrawls from ASB. You will want to wake up and work on a house, and make a small change. She was totally right about that. I woke up wondering why there were no alarm clocks waking me up or the slams of the doors from the bathroom. I already miss that place and it hasn't even been a whole day.
  This past week was one of the greatest experience I have ever been through. I have never known that a whole pack of 26 people could become so close within 7 days and make such a small but moving change in someone's life. There have been so many memories filled with tears, smiles, laughter, and hardwork. And I will never forget my Spring Break of 2012 due to each and every special person that was able to spend such a great week with. Joplin has left such a huge impression on my life, one that I will never forget. I was absolutely blown away by Joplin's strength and faith throughout all their struggles. Joplin really opened my eyes that material things are nothing compared to people, whether its your family members, your friends, or even your coworkers, those are the things that matter, and Joplin, thank you for really showing that to me. All of these memories will have such a lasting impression on me. Whether it was seeing "Hope" High School, the Hospital, Cunningham Park, Howie's incredible tour, the house we worked on, ziplining, way too many sonic trips or just simply spending quality time with an amazing group, all of those things I will never forget. I hope I will get to see each and everyone of the people that I spent my spring break of 2012 with soon, and I love you all.
Back to Reality,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment