Tuesday, March 12, 2013

4 days?!?

4 days!!!!! I have been looking forward to this coming Saturday since I found out I was an ASB member last semester! We have been talking about the trip and preparing for it so long and now it's finally here. It has been REALLY hard to pay attention this week because my mind is already in Mississippi! I cannot wait to get home Friday so I can finally pack and seeing as I haven't started I have a lot of work ahead of me. Friday night is going to be like Christmas eve and I don't think I'll be able to sleep. Although I am not looking forward to being up so early, there is nothing a cup of coffee can't fix.
        There is so much I am looking forward to next week. First of all, I cannot wait to spend an entire week with the amazing group of ASBers we have. They are all so amazing and I am so glad I have gotten to know them over the past few months. Second of all, I'm not going to lie, I can't wait for the food!!! I am an adventurous eater and will try almost anything (except mushrooms yuck!) I cannot wait for some good ole southern food after a long day cleaning up that nasty oil spill. With leads me into the thing I'm looking forward to the most, helping Biloxi. After watching the documentary this past weekend I finally saw what we are going to be dealing with down there. People have been suffering and we have been unaware because the government and media just covers it up. Not only are the people suffering, but the wild life too. I cannot believe the government can let something like this go on. Just because BP gives them a little cash (well a lot) they just let them spray poison all over the south.
       So let's just say I will be counting down the hours until we get on that plain Saturday! I just need to get through two midterms this week and I will be ready to go! Mississippi better get reading because FSU ASBers are on their way!!!!

-Jenna Papotto

No comments:

Post a Comment