Friday, March 15, 2013

By this time tomorrow I will be in Biloxi Mississippi. There has been so much anticipation leading up to this trip and I am so excited to have the opportunity to in just a few hours to be there, be doing, and be involved in restoration. This trip comes at a great time, in the mid semester of my freshmen year the "sophmore slump" is comming a little earlier than expected. In day-to-day life it is easy to get caught up in the mundane and lose sight of what is really imporant to you. For me service is a time to relfect on myself and focus my energy into something that really matters and that has an immediate effect. My hope is that this trip will reawaken my ambitions, driving me to the improvement of myself and reminding me what it means to be an active citizen and a committed part of my national community. I have been so blessed to have this chance to work with these amazing ASBers. Everyone in the group is so welcoming and friendly, they really make me feel as though I am a part of my FSU community and that is something that I am extermly thankful for. Thus far, my involvement with ASB has been the best part of my freshemen year, and as the minutes tick down it only gets better and better.

-Amy Jones, class of 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment