Tuesday, March 12, 2013

TIME FOR AN ADVENTURE!


I was so excited when I found out I was selected to go on the ASB trip this year. I have never really done a service trip before and I thought my lack of experience may hinder my odds of getting selected for the trip. Looking back I feel a bit ignorant for not knowing what ASB was until my senior year. Now that I have learned more about ASB I wish I had known earlier in my college career so I could have applied to go on previous trips. However I strongly believe that everything happens for a reason so I am sure there must be a good reason why I had never joined ASB before and I am hoping that it will make my first and only experience even more meaningful.
I think the group that was selected to go on ASB this year is full of amazing people. Everyone has been so nice and welcoming, and I love how everyone is so unique. Many of the people going on the trip are people who I did not know, and who I do not think I ever would have met had I not joined ASB. However I am extremely grateful for the diversity in the group because it is already allowing me to make friends who I may not have had the opportunity to meet and I know that everyone going on this trip has a great heart and pure intentions to bring happiness to others.
I want to take a moment to thank the trip leaders who allowed this amazing group of people to come together. The interview and application process takes countless amounts of hours and dedication and the work that was put into that has not gone unnoticed.  I know how particular the selection process was, which makes me feel even more honored that I have been given this opportunity. I know that everyone who was selected to go on the trip was selected for good reasons and I am excited to grow even closer to my fellow ASB members and find out what those reasons are.
Reading blogs that people had written about the past ASB trip was emotional, but it also made me excited for what lies ahead. I love helping others and I cannot wait to devote an entire week to doing that. I am excited to embark on a journey where we will be helping the lives of others and in doing so changing our own for the better as well. I am so excited for this adventure to begin!
Jenel Liston
Class of 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment