Sunday, March 1, 2015

ASB Goals

With two weeks until our trip I find myself thinking a lot about my previous trip to Detroit. Its been five years since I've been yet it still feels like yesterday. For this trip, I am really looking forward to going back to Detroit and seeing how different the city is. Last time I went I was shocked to see all the abandoned buildings and was definitely out of my comfort zone. The week that I spent there was filled with new and eye opening experiences. This time around I know what to expect when I get there however I can also say that I have no idea what to expect. This experience will be very different from my last one and I am very excited to have the opportunity to go back to Detroit. This trip I am challenging myself to get to know the people of Detroit. I want to sit down with them and hear their stories, I want to understand what it is like to be in their situation. I am also challenging myself to try not to compare this trip with my last trip, which I believe will be a big challenge for me. I want a new and different experience than the one I had last time. I am challenging myself to be open-minded and to experience new and challenging things. In the few weeks leading up to the trip I am challenging myself to become mentally prepared. I want to get in the mindset of not being able to have everything I want. I also want to prepare myself so that during the trip I am not worried about school work. I want to have all of my focus during the week solely on Detroit and the work that we are doing.


Lauren Donnelly
Class of 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment