Sunday, March 1, 2015

GOALS!

I can't believe we only have 2 more weeks until Spring Break aka spending a week in Detroit!! I've been giving the trip a lot of thought and there is certainly a lot I hope to accomplish.

My goal before we leave is to get packed and prepared for the trip. There are still a few packing logistics I am trying to prepare for. I would also love to get all my work done before hand so that I won't be worried about school while in Detroit. Basically I want to make sure I am prepared for an amazing week in Detroit... but we'll see how much preparing I actually get done beforehand. I would also like to do some of my own research on Detroit. Although I have learned a lot in the meetings, I think it will be helpful for me to pursue a little bit of research on my own.

Once we are in Detroit I really want to dive into the work. I think the sooner we get to work the sooner the fun and bonding will start, which is something I am really looking forward to. Another goal I have is to not think about myself for the week; I know its going to be a tiring week, and we're all going to be very dirty, but I want to stay focused on the big picture. I want to help make a difference and in return I know that I will be rewarded with much newfound knowledge!! In order to accomplish this I think it's important to "be present" for the week and not let other little things get in the way of the trip.

Let the countdown begin!
Emily, Class of 2015 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment